Independent Women has signed HM Treasury’s Women In Finance Charter, a pledge for gender balance across financial services.
The Charter reflects the government’s aspiration to see a more balanced and fair industry. A balanced workforce is good for business – it is good for customers, for profitability and workplace culture, and is increasingly attractive for investors.
Financial services is the highest paid sector in the UK economy, where the gender salary gap for full-time employees is at its most stark, with unequal gender representation worsening as employees rise into more senior positions. Firms that sign up to this Charter are pledging to be the best businesses in the sector.
At Independent Women, our mission and values are always about addressing the gender gap and creating equal opportunities for all. In joining the Charter, we have pledged to:
- Maintain our level of women in senior management at 100%
- Appoint two further women to the senior management team by end 2019
- Increase the number of female wealth planners in the industry through an open and ongoing recruitment programme
- Cultivate promising futures through a a graduate trainee and mentorship programme
- Enable ‘return to work’ opportunities by providing positive, flexible working conditions
- Broaden the recognition of women as earners and investors, and the need for women-centric financial services
- Challenge unconscious gender bias within the industry
- Provide gender balance within our own services
We will share updates regarding our progress on this website annually.
For more details about the Women In Finance Charter, please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/women-in-finance-charter